"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by choice"
~ Jim Rohn
stuff you may have missed (otherwise known as FAQ)
Is there an age limit?
- Minimum age for Adults classes is 18 years of age, unsupervised.
- There's no upper age limit for Adult attendance, as long as you're in good health.
- People are still doing and teaching yoga well into their Nineties these days!
Do you teach yoga classes just for kids?
- YES!!! So, please feel free to email us and we'll keep you posted!
Do you teach prenatal and postnatal specific yoga classes?
- Yes we do!!!
- Annaliese is qualified to teach this specialised area.
- We can offer Pregnancy Yoga six week block courses, Mums & Bubs casual Yoga classes and Postnatal Yoga six week block courses. Minimum numbers apply, so why not get some friends together?
- Once you have completed a Pregnancy Yoga course or Postnatal Yoga course, you are welcome to join future classes on a casual basis.
I have a current / recent injury or medical condition - can I attend a class?
- You agree to disclose all medical conditions and injuries (past or current), either for yourself or for your children, to the teacher at each class, so we can assist you in your practice. This is for your safety, enjoyment and wellbeing.
- A medical clearance may also be required if you or your child is injured or unwell, if you are unsure please contact Annaliese ASAP.
- Should you fail to disclose any and/or all medical conditions, injuries, past or recent surgeries or other medially relevant details that you are aware of either for yourself or your child, please understand that you are placing your own or your child's health and safety at serious risk and we will not be and are not responsible for any aggravation or new presentations of these or other conditions.
I'm new. What time do I need to arrive?
- New students must arrive 10 minutes before the advertised class start time for registration.
- We want to get you settled in with plenty of time to relax before class starts!
I'm running late - can I just rock up?
- The short answer is, unfortunately, NO.
- Late admittance is not possible, as it is disruptive to the other yogis who arrived on time, and considered disrespectful to your teacher who arrived early to set up the room.
- We understand that things happen from time to time that are outside your control, but if things happen consistently every week, we'll have to have a little chat. And perhaps buy you an alarm clock!
Can I leave class early?
- Unless it is an emergency, staying for the whole class is most beneficial.
- Oh, and it's respectful to the other students and your teacher too.
- And you get to enjoy savasana, the most important pose of all. Enough said!
I have my own mat. Can I bring it?
Or...I don't have my own mat - can I please use one of yours?
- You are most welcome to BYO yoga mat and props if you have them (two blocks, two yoga blankets, two cushions, a bolster, strap, etc).
- If you don't have your own mat and props, you are most welcome to use ours.
What do I wear?
- Boobies and booties are beautiful things but please wear comfortable, modest clothing suitable for exercise - i.e. clothing that covers your hoo-haa and your doodads, as you will be upside down and face down a few times during class.
- If it rides up or is too loose, you may be uncomfortable (aka embarrassed) in class - and that's just not yoga.
Do I need to bring anything?
- You may wish to bring a towel and water bottle.
- You will sweat at least once during class and you may get thirsty.
- You are welcome to bring your own mat and props if you prefer.
Can I wear perfume or come to class straight from a big workout?
- Please refrain from wearing strong fragrances, some of us have allergies or get really headachy.
- Also, please ensure that you are clean and fresh when you come to class.
What about my phone?
- Please switch your phone or tablet to silent and turn off vibrate before class. Yes, we can still hear it buzzing.
- Or, perhaps leave it in the car. You need some switch off time too!
What if someone carries on like a pork chop in class?
- Disrespectful or inappropriate behaviour in our yoga space will result in the naughty person(s) being asked to leave and not return.
Do you have a reservation policy?
- Online booking is compulsory and your cooperation is very much appreciated as it helps avoid disappointment.
- As we have a maximum of 6-10 students per class, if a class is fully booked, first preference for class attendance and waitlist places will be given to those who have booked online in advance.
- Walk-in students may not be able to be accommodated due to equipment restrictions. We carry only enough equipment for 10 students to prevent Annaliese from having to lug around heavy, bulky equipment. Safety first!
What is your cancellation policy?
- A two-hour notice period is required to cancel an online class booking. This is out of respect for your teacher and for your fellow students who may have missed out on a mat space and could have used a yoga chill that day!
- We may cancel a class with two hours' notice due to insufficient online bookings. We have to pay to hire our venues and paying for an empty hall stops us from donating money to one of our community projects.
How do I pay?
- We accept cash and credit card payments (Visa, MasterCard and Amex) for classes and frequent yogi passes.
Do you offer multiple class cards?
- 5 and 10 class frequent Omie passes are available to purchase at our venues.
- Online Purchases will be reconciled in our booking system, so when you book online the class is automatically deducted from your pass. Nifty!
- Frequent yogi passes are non-refundable but are valid for three months from the date of purchase - and are transferrable to a friend.
- Payment must be made online at the time of booking, or prior arrangements made with Annaliese.